Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Obey First

We don't have an established motto in our home, but we do have a couple sayings that we repeat all the time to our kids. A couple of these are:

*People are more important than things.
*Obey First

This second one is constantly repeated. We do let our kids contest what we have said but they do have to obey first (I'm pretty sure we got this from Shepherding a Child's Heart). Sometimes I feel like they will never get it since we have to remind them about 5x a day.

However, today was different! I was letting the kids watch Sid the Science Kid and when I heard the next show come on, I yelled from the next room "Cal, turn the TV off, please!" He came running into the room saying, "Mom, can I please watch Super Why? It's one that I've never seen before and I just love it!" I walked into the living room and guess what?! The TV was off! I was so proud that of course I said yes.

Hooray for repeating oneself over and over and over.