Saturday, January 30, 2010

Ike and the Attitude

I have tons of pictures to put up. And I will someday. But Ike has been cracking me up lately and I need to share his hilarity with y'all. However, you probably won't even find it funny. But it may help to remember he has a German accent (he really does).

Reading a menu at a restaurant outloud he says loudly, "Daddy gets yucky food. Mommy gets yucky food. The kids get good food."

After I forgot to let him blow the wrapper off a straw, I said, "I ruined it, Ike." He responded very dramatically, "You ruined my life!"

I left for the store and asked Eric if it's fine to leave Ike since he may be bored watching Cal and Eric play Super Mario Bros. Ike looked up and said, "I don't mind."

At dinner this week, I picked a piece of egg off of his plate and popped it in my mouth. He grunted at me. Then when I got myself seconds (Cal and I were splitting another half of a half- but Ike didn't ask for more), I went to fill up my cup and Ike plopped himself in my seat and ate the whole thing. I said, "IKE! That was mine! Why did you eat my sandwich!" He said very matter-of-factly, "Cuz you ate my egg, so I ate your sandwich. So don't ever do that again."