Sunday, October 18, 2009

Birthday Party

We decided to have one big last party before small drop-off parties next year. We combined their party since they are only a month apart and both boys were very excited about that.




Here are the highlights:





My mom was here! Eric and I seriously could not have done this without her. We ran errands on Friday for four hours while she watched the kids. And she helped me prep all the food and ice the cake on Saturday morning. Plus all the clean-up. Thank you, Sally!



The pinata. I know I look super dorky, but this is the only picture I have of the pinata. The kids used an old banister rail that Eric cut up. There's Freddie standing too close to the Danger Zone. Sorry, Jess. I didn't see that.


We brought our jump-o-lene. The kids seemed to love it.


Jess made Cal this super cool fish hat. It looks like the fish is eating Cal's head. Can you see it? Hahahaha. I love it. She is an amazing knitter.



The presents. We asked people not to spend more than $5/kid and that we welcome recycled gifts. The Thompsons gave the boys this amazing Superman costume that Luke outgrew. Ike has been wearing it non-stop.


The cake- Even though the theme of the party was pirates, the boys really wanted a lego cake. This was the best I could do.

Eric's ideas- balloon swords, hooks and eye patches. Molly and Alex (siblings) are on the plank that Eric made the kids walk.
The boys were insanely happy. And sugared up.



Blogger is being the b-word to navigate. More pics on facebook.