Friday, August 14, 2009

So different

Here is a conversation we had in the car today. This is a great example of the differences my kids have.

I was on the phone with my friend, Bekah, and she told me she quit smoking. I asked her if she cheated yet. When I got off the phone...


Cal: Why did you ask her if she cheated?

Me: Well, Bekah just quit smoking and it is very, very hard to quit smoking because her body wants another cigarette so bad. So when I asked her if she cheated, what I was asking was if she smoked a cigarette.

Cal: Why does your body want more cigarettes?

Me: Because there is a drug in cigarettes that makes you want more and more. It's called an addiction. Your body doesn't feel happy without it. So when people start smoking, it is very hard to quit smoking.

Cal: That's why I will never smoke.

Me: Someday, Calvin, you may try smoking because you will think that it looks cool. But it will make your breath stinky and your insides sick.

Cal: No, I won't. I will never smoke cigarettes.

Ike: [loudly] I smoke sometimes, Mommy!
If I had a picture of Ike smoking, it would go here.