Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Funny AND smart!

Calvin has been cracking me up nonstop lately. He wants to have conversations with me but doesn't really know what to say. He'll say, "Um, mom?"
"Yes, Cal."
"Umm... You love me, huh?"
"Yes, I do."
"I love you, too."

Or

Cal: "Um... mom?"
Me: "Yes, Cal."
Cal: "Um, you're so sweet."

Today in the car, he yelled, "Mom, you forgot to buckle me in!" This has been a bad habit of mine, lately. He climbs in on Isaac's side, I buckle Isaac in and then I walk around, get in and drive. Cal will tell me right away and then I'll pull over and say, "Oh, my goodness, Cal! Thank you for telling me!" Well, today, we had already been driving for about 20 minutes and we were on a highway. I said, "Oh, no! Hold on, Cal. I'll get off at the next exit (meanwhile praying that I won't crash)." I'm panicking, trying to get over and I glance in the backseat. I say, "Hey! I buckled you in!" Cal starts laughing and says, "I'm just kidding! Haha! Let's do that again!"

He's also been really smart. I know all kids are smart in all different ways, so it's okay to brag, right?

I bought two three-packs of little storage baskets for their toys. I opened one of them and then Cal saw the other one. He said, "We have another one!" I said, "Yes. We have another set of three." He got out his fingers and said, "1,2,3... 4,5,6. We have six!"

He had a sweatshirt on today with two pockets (really one pocket, but two holes) and pants with regular pockets and cargo pockets. He exclaimed, "I have a lot of pockets! 5 pockets! 2 + 2 + 2 is 5!" (Yes, I realize he got that wrong, but I still think it was smart.)

We borrowed a book called "The Dinosaur" (thanks, Jess) and Cal knew where the word Dinosaur was because of the "D."