Monday, September 24, 2007

Happy Birthday, Calvin!

Today, Cal turns three. Even though raising children is one of the most challenging, self-realizing, emotionally and physically exhausting things I have ever done, I love it! Calvin has been a true joy to my life and I thank God all the time for him. I am praying that God will make him a leader for Him among his peers, that he will not have to go through a period of walking away from God to make him turn to God, and that he will learn to love God with all of his heart. But for now, I'm thankful that Cal is adventurous, kind, gentle, loving to Isaac, energetic, a good eater, compliant, fun, funny and so darn cute.

I know this picture is a little too raw for some of you, but I love it. He is obviously just a few minutes old here. (Don't you love how I smudged out his hoo-ha?)






Here, he is just a few hours old. He weighed only 6lbs, 3oz and came 5 weeks early.




6 months. I can't believe what an easy baby he was. He would just hang out, smile and play with whatever toys were in front of him (not that I'm comparing him to any other baby we know...). And don't ask me about the white socks.




This is right before his first birthday. He has always loved drinking out of straws.




Our apple picking adventure last year right around his second birthday. He has literally been talking about this trip for a year. I think this year's adventure may have been a let-down because of all the hype he gave last year's.








Happy Birthday, Bug! We love you lots!