Saturday, June 20, 2009

Make A Wish

Betty Crocker was the main sponsor for this year's Make A Wish walk (I think it's called Walk for Wishes). So, we walked about two miles around a lake. The kids did great. They had a bunch of moon bounces set up. Here's one


:


These clowns didn't do anything but walk around. The purple-haired clown came to talk to us. She said, "Hi there." I was doing my best to be excited for Cal. I said to her, "He wants to be a clown when he grows up." She responded, "It's a great job because when people laugh at you, it's ok. Although people laugh at me when I'm not dressed up, too." Cal just stared at her. I laughed politely and said, "Those are some crazy clothes, right, Cal?" She said, "That's what my mother says. Although she says that all the time..."
It was the weirdest thing.



Here's Eric with his friend, Dom (short for Dominic). He is, by far, the most personable human I know. He is friends with everyone, remembers everything about everyone and always makes people feel good. Eric told me that he knows all the Caribou people by name and will ask, "So how's your sister doing? Is she feeling better?" When we arrived at the walk, I told Eric, "You didn't tell me Dom would be here. He's my favorite!" He responded, "He's everyone's favorite."

This is a terrible photo of us. But it was the best out of the three we took. Oh well.