Sunday, March 29, 2009

When I Grow Up

Cal wants to be many things when he grows up: A clown; a man who blows up balloons and puts toys and candy inside (I've told him clowns can do this, but he always includes it anyway); an astronaut.

Today, he came upstairs to find me and shouted, "Mom! Guess what?! I know something else I want to be when I grow up!" I asked, "What, Cal?" He responded, "A daddy! And I'm going to fall in love with Hannah." Eric heard and asked, "Why?" He said, "Because we are already friends! And she's a girl and I'm a boy. And she lives very far away but even though we are in different states, we will grow up at the same time. And then we can play together!" I said, "Well, you will have to learn how to play grown-up games, since you will be grown-ups." He said, "Unless we just play with our kids." "How many kids will you have?" I asked. He responded, "Maybe 5 or 10."

So there you go, Shae and Lisa. My son will not be able to support a family of 7 or 12, being a clown and all, but hopefully, Hannah will be amused all the time. And get lots of toys and candy.