Thursday, March 12, 2009

More food- purees


Jason and Stef got me Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld for Christmas. It's a cookbook designed to sneak pureed foods into regular foods. For example, I made sloppy joes with about a cup of pureed sweet potato in the meat and no one noticed. There's something satisfying about people eating healthy food without them knowing.


Two funny things about this:


1) I've been putting sweet potato into everything. I made chocolate shakes this week with about a cup of it in there. You couldn't taste it at all. I've also put it into hot chocolate, tacos, chili, mac & cheese, chicken nuggets and manicotti.


2) My kids are not picky eaters. So when I am pureeing the food, they usually come up and ask me for some. Today, I was blending squash as Isaac was sitting at his table eating some out of a bowl. Ha! But I still enjoy sneaking it in because it makes everything healthier. Wooohehehe (evil laugh).