Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Note on Lola

As many of you now know, we had to surrender Lola a couple months ago. She has been in a foster care and I checked the website yesterday and she was no longer listed. I wrote the woman who had her and this is what she replied:

She finally did find a home, thank goodness! Her anxiety here was worsening, to the point she chewed through a door and killed the Guinea Pig when we were gone... at that point I asked around, found a friend of a foster home to " foster" her, and there she has stayed for good. They are retired and she is hardly ever left home. They absolutely adore her, and being older, feel very safe having a big dog in the home. She also has 5 acres to run on so gets plenty of exercise. She was a hard dog, but the patience won out in the end! I can see though how you could not live with her, with the kids ... but she is exactly where she needs to be now.

So I'm feeling pretty good about the situation and hope you do, too!