Friday, September 26, 2008

Calvin's Actual Birthday

I realize I am way behind in pictures. Hopefully, I will get to those soon. But here's what we did for Cal's birthday yesterday. I am tired today.



When Cal got up he saw his decorated chair and present. He was very excited to eat blueberry pancakes with Redi-whip. His mouth is already full of the whipped cream here. We already gave him his big present (a used Power Wheel- it's sort of for Ike, too) on Saturday when his grandparents were here.

I volunteered in Cal's class for today. Here's Miss Diane as they sang Happy Birthday to him.
The letter of the week is F. They played Firefighter Frenzy- a relay race. They did surprisingly well.
Here's Cal running back to pass off the uniform.

Lisa (and co.), Jess (and co.) and our family (sans Eric) went to the Mall of America after preschool to eat lunch and ride rides.

I had some "mystery tickets" and they were good for a whole day worth of rides. What a treat since the rides are $3-$6/each. It's a complete rip-off.
The Rods
Naptime.


We went to MOA again since we had a whole day of rides. Eric is uncomfortably huge. But I refused to ride since I get motion sickness on spinny rides. Isaac isn't old enough to ride alone.
Laura and Mado joined us for part 2 of MOA.
I got very dizzy on these, but Laura couldn't ride since she's prego. So, Eric rode with Mado and I rode with Cal. I am such a good mom.
Cal and Mado loved this. Again, Ike = short.



Here's the cake I made Cal. Yeah...umm..... not so great. It wouldn't come out of the dang pans. Then I realized I used all the candles, so we used a tea light. Cal didn't seem to mind. He had a tummy ache by this time (surprised?), so he just had a bite.