Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hawking

If you have a weak stomach, beware.

So I've had a pretty bad cold for 12 days now. I have constant nastiness in my throat and since I don't really know how to hawk loogies (sp?), I spend a lot of time going AAAAACCCCKKKKK. One day, after I was making that sound a lot:
Cal: Why are you making that noise, Mom?
Me: Oh, Cal. I have a lot of junk in my throat and I'm trying to get it out. I'm sorry. That's not a very nice thing to hear, is it?
Cal: I kind of like that noise. It's pretty cool.

And another day:
I spit my so-called loogie into the toilet.
Cal: Why did you spit that in the potty?
Me: Then I can just flush it down. My body can't digest that stuff, so it just sits in my throat. I have to try to get it out this way. Food can go down my food tube and into my stomach and then into my intestines, but this nasty stuff can't do that.
Cal (not even looking at me): That's a pretty cool story.