Friday, July 27, 2007

Update

What Cal has been doing lately:

1. Counting backwards, "5, 4, 3, 2, 1... Blast off!"

2. Imagining:
*While eating a cracker, "I'm eating buffalo wings." (Not sure if he's ever had buffalo wings.) Everything has to do with food. Sponges are crackers; Pegs are bananas; empty bowl contains oatmeal with blueberries; pencils are pretzels; pillows are sandwiches...
*He has also been carrying around "Baby Bear" and Snoopy saying that they are his babies. "My babies are sad. They miss their mommy." "My babies need food, too." "My babies have to go potty."

3. Being so awesomely nice to Isaac.
*Today, Cal was running around the room and Isaac kept turning to look at Cal. Then Cal would run over to Ike, stick his face in Ike's face and laugh. Then the two would roll over cracking up. I tried to get this on video, but couldn't find the camera.
*Also, on the way home from the pool today, I was giving Cal triscuits. I would take a tiny piece off and give it to Isaac. Once, when Ike finished his cracker, he lunged for Cal's. Cal bit off a tiny piece, took it out of his mouth and put it in Isaac's mouth.

What has Isaac been doing?
1. Sweeping my floor. I have to change him a couple times a day because he chases me all over the house on his belly.

2. Trying so hard to pull himself up.

3. Finally getting a tad clingy. Today, he kept turning around to face me while I was holding him on my lap.

4. Putting Cheerios in his mouth by the handful (still hasn't quite gotten the hang of the pincher grasp).