Thursday, June 19, 2008

More of Cal

Calvin has been starting to use the word, "kill." He says, "I'm gonna kill you!" while he pretend shoots me with his "shoot gun." I've told him that I don't want him to say that. At dinner the other night, I made Eric's favorite meal (which Cal wasn't too fond of), but didn't add enough chili powder. I asked, "It's not that good, huh?" Eric said, "Are you kidding? I killed it! I'm going back for more." Cal asked, "What did daddy kill?" I explained to him that "killing it" meant that he gulped it down so fast. Cal responded, "I'm eating mine very slowly so that I can enjoy it."



**********************************************************************************


Calvin usually does not play with toys the way they are supposed to be played with. He collects things into bags or boxes as "treasure," he makes me pretend I don't know where he is, he hides in a basket that is actually a "turtle egg," etc. Lincoln Logs have been juice boxes in the past. That is why I took a picture of the following. He took two days to build this!












He fell over leaning in for the picture! I was cracking up. He had to rebuild the top.















The finished product! He really did do this all by himself. It's a pig den. (The pigs are very big.)