Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Comparison of Cal and Ike at 10 months

I couldn't make the list side by side to do the comparison, so I color-coded them.












Calvin


*Let me wipe his nose and even learned to blow it himself at an early age.


*No child proofing needed. He just wasn't into doors, exploring, etc.


*I spanked Cal on his bare booty because he wouldn't sit still for a diaper change and he never squirmed again.


*Cal learned how to crawl at a slow pace because he was so content to sit and play with the toys I gave him.


*Cal never really cared if we took a diry or too-small toy away from him .


*Cal put up with the dogs and sometimes would rub them when Lola put her head in his lap.


Isaac


* Won't let me touch his nose.


*Can't get enough of doors.


*I spanked Isaac for squirming and he laughed at me. (Oh, and he's still squirming)


*Isaac wants nothing to do with the toys I give him and immediately heads for non-toys (Cal's potty seat, remotes, cell phones, wires, outlets, rocks, pinecones, poisonous mushrooms...).


*Isaac gives me a dirty look and yells like he's in pain when I take a non-toy away.


*Isaac flings his arms around and shrieks with laughter when a dog comes over to see him.



Similarities:


*Both love food.


*Both had natural mohawks.